With Canadian Thanksgiving just around the corner, I look back on the past year with extreme gratitude and appreciation of the positive response our little communities of Squamish and Whistler have shown our business.
While attending a women’s empowerment and business strategy retreat at beautiful Sulphurous Lake last fall, a seed was planted in casual conversation that grew into a real life venture.
- how do you tap into a much needed retail market in our very active community that is influenced by those who explore the great outdoors and those who want to make the most out of their time with friends and family at home?
- how do you keep business (that otherwise went to Vancouver) local?
- how do you make an impact in your own “backyard”?
Goals with soul was the answer.
- keep marketing personal
- sell products of the highest quality
- collaborate with local entrepreneurs
- give back to your community
The answers became clear – I just needed to delve into the nitty gritty of it all.
In the past year we’ve been able to establish an ever-growing presence and seen first hand how the sale of simple quality outdoor living products have brought lasting memories to families. They’ve shared their trial and error pizza creation photos with us, sent us messages of how much they enjoy their backyard gas firepit, posted photos of food they’ve grilled and smoked on their BBQ and shared stores of their glamping adventures.
This journey of being a creative, calm, active, present and mindful business person has been much more than I had anticipated and I am grateful for all of it (even the never-ending paperwork).